Along with many random holidays throughout the year, enjoy celebrating National Hot Tub Day! It’s an annual holiday that takes place on March 28th
. Make the day a big deal by unplugging from today’s technology, unwinding from the daily stress, and soaking in the hot tub on your back patio. If you aren’t close to a hot tub, enjoy these five facts below, and check out your future hot tub. You won’t regret it!
- As you are reading this post, about 18 thousand people are sitting in a hot tub currently. Also, over 25 million hot tubs are on the planet, today.
- The Jacuzzi Brothers created the concept of hot tub jets. These seven brothers were Italian immigrants from the early 1900s. The brothers took a hydraulic aircraft pump and installed it in a bathtub to create bubbles in the 1940’s. A family member suffered from rheumatoid arthritis, which also prompted the hot tub invention.
- 47 thousand bottles of champagne will be consumed this year, by people in hot tubs.
- Ancient hot tubs consisted of marble bathtubs and hot stones submerged in water. Stones are prepped and remain in hot water until a steamy desired temperature was achieved.
- In Nagano, Japan, the Japanese Macaque spend about five hours a day in hot springs. These monkeys also enjoy soaking to maintain their health and stay social, according to researchers.
After just a few random facts, did you know that hot tubs can benefit you and your health? If you have fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic stress, or just everyday aches and pains, a hot tub might be right for you. With the benefits hydrotherapy provides, it is best to achieve the therapy at home.
Initially, purchasing a hot tub could get pricey once you consider the cost, placement preparation, electrical installation, chemical purchases, and maintenance. There is one style of a hot tub that is easy to install, eco-friendly, and budget-friendly called Softub. It’s easy to maintain, has the most portability, and provides the most comfort than any tub in the market! For more information, find a dealer near you.